Pieces of Eight
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A role-play site set after the events of Treasure Island

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Quick Navigation
Seascape
Welcome to Pieces of Eight! We are a nautical/piratical rp set after the events of the book Treasure Island. However we do welcome those that haven't read the books as we're not "canon-only" and welcome pirates, aristocrats, and navymen of all shapes and kinds!

Rules
Introduction Model
Taken Characters & Their Faces
Wanted Characters
Crews
Staff

Calypso
Captain
(Founder)
Catherine Ellwood

Blue Canary
Quartermaster
(Second-In-Command)
William Dixton

John
Boatswain
(Admin)
John Chamberlain

McKenzie
Ship's Doctor
(Admin)
Eli Jewell
Latest topics
» Rum and Mutiny // Open
~*RULES!*~ EmptyTue May 19, 2015 6:59 pm by Amelia Hawkins

» Not Your Typical Wench // John O'Malley
~*RULES!*~ EmptyFri May 15, 2015 10:03 am by John O'Malley

» Take Me To Wonderland ~ A dystopian Wonderland RP
~*RULES!*~ EmptySat May 02, 2015 8:50 pm by Catherine Ellwood

» Phillipe D'Orleans
~*RULES!*~ EmptySun Apr 19, 2015 9:36 am by William Dixton

» When you are evil
~*RULES!*~ EmptySat Apr 18, 2015 12:00 am by Phillipe D'Orleans

» Rule Britannia
~*RULES!*~ EmptyFri Apr 17, 2015 11:57 pm by John Chamberlain

» A Pirate's lass
~*RULES!*~ EmptyThu Apr 16, 2015 5:09 am by John O'Malley

» Revenge! // Catherine, Jack, Bloody Mary Crew
~*RULES!*~ EmptyWed Apr 15, 2015 4:25 am by William Dixton

» Just A Little Late // Carolina
~*RULES!*~ EmptyTue Apr 14, 2015 8:49 pm by Carolina of Locksley

OOC Chatbox
Affiliates
~*RULES!*~ Button10

~*RULES!*~

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Catherine Ellwood
Admin
Catherine Ellwood

~*RULES!*~ Empty
PostSubject: ~*RULES!*~   ~*RULES!*~ EmptyMon Mar 26, 2012 9:36 pm

~RULES~

1. In order to be added to a group you have to write an Introduction of your character, using the model for an introduction that is given in the 'Introduction Model' section. Please make sure that your username is the name of your character. Every account that is not a character's name (first name and surname) will be deleted within 7 days. Also every account will be deleted that has no introduction posted within 7 days.

2. There is no God-Mode on this RP.

3. If you wish to have a shared account, let an admin know, and state who is sharing the character in the 'introduction'.

4. Registered characters cannot be killed, only injured.

5. Your character will be deleted if you are inactive for more than 6 months and haven't contacted one of the admins before, in order to save your character(s). So if you'll be away for a longer period of time, just leave a message to one of the admins and everything should be fine.

6. Please respect each other and tolerate the opinions of other users of this side. Do not become offensive if there is any disagreement and please, if there is a problem with another user, try to solve that alone first, before contacting an admin for help.

7. Do not take things personally that are said IN character. You can get into fights in a topic, but please don't take those serious or personal, nor make them personal for the other side. Cursing it allowed, but keep it reasonable.

8. On this site we speak in third person past tense. It’s easier to understand what’s going on if we all post the same. On that note, if you are going to use another language, please write up a translation.

9. Do not create a character related to someone in any way (sibling, partner, child, etc) without asking that person first. If the person you want your character to date is not currently registered, label your character as single until they are registered.

10. Same-sex relationships are welcome. Although possibly not historically correct, I don't care. Love is love, plain and simple, regardless of era. On that note: no homophobic comments out of character will be tolerated. In character there is a fine line; use your common sense to make sure you don't cross it. If you think it's too nasty, then it probably is.

11. Please try to be at least somewhat historically correct. Google is a wonderful thing if there's something you're unsure about. I'm not going to be a stickler for details, but use common sense: for example dirty and scruffy has no place in high society; peasants wouldn't go to a ball at the grand hotel.

12. Please attempt to use proper grammar and spelling. I fully understand that for most, English is not a first language; mistakes will be made and that's fine. However please try as this makes it easier for everyone involved when reading and replying. I'm not going to be insanely teacher-like over this rule, however please remember: run-on sentences are evil. Do not use them!!

13. Last but not least: HAVE FUN!

~

Legal disclaimer (for lawyers, trolls, etc): This site is not meant for any financial gain. All scenarios and events are a work of fiction and are not intended as facts. All characters are fictional and any resemblance to any persons (living or deceased) is pure coincidence. Although the events taking place try to be a historically accurate, as this is a fiction site, proper accuracy cannot be assured. Celebrity faces used for character faces are used only as reference and are not meant to assume the personality or impersonate the celebrity. Have a nice day Smile
Back to top Go down

~*RULES!*~
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Pieces of Eight :: Seaward ho! Hang the treasure! It's the glory of the sea that has turned my head. :: The Pirate Code-
Jump to: