Pieces of Eight
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A role-play site set after the events of Treasure Island

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Quick Navigation
Seascape
Welcome to Pieces of Eight! We are a nautical/piratical rp set after the events of the book Treasure Island. However we do welcome those that haven't read the books as we're not "canon-only" and welcome pirates, aristocrats, and navymen of all shapes and kinds!

Rules
Introduction Model
Taken Characters & Their Faces
Wanted Characters
Crews
Staff

Calypso
Captain
(Founder)
Catherine Ellwood

Blue Canary
Quartermaster
(Second-In-Command)
William Dixton

John
Boatswain
(Admin)
John Chamberlain

McKenzie
Ship's Doctor
(Admin)
Eli Jewell
Latest topics
» Rum and Mutiny // Open
Not Your Typical Wench // John O'Malley EmptyTue May 19, 2015 6:59 pm by Amelia Hawkins

» Not Your Typical Wench // John O'Malley
Not Your Typical Wench // John O'Malley EmptyFri May 15, 2015 10:03 am by John O'Malley

» Take Me To Wonderland ~ A dystopian Wonderland RP
Not Your Typical Wench // John O'Malley EmptySat May 02, 2015 8:50 pm by Catherine Ellwood

» Phillipe D'Orleans
Not Your Typical Wench // John O'Malley EmptySun Apr 19, 2015 9:36 am by William Dixton

» When you are evil
Not Your Typical Wench // John O'Malley EmptySat Apr 18, 2015 12:00 am by Phillipe D'Orleans

» Rule Britannia
Not Your Typical Wench // John O'Malley EmptyFri Apr 17, 2015 11:57 pm by John Chamberlain

» A Pirate's lass
Not Your Typical Wench // John O'Malley EmptyThu Apr 16, 2015 5:09 am by John O'Malley

» Revenge! // Catherine, Jack, Bloody Mary Crew
Not Your Typical Wench // John O'Malley EmptyWed Apr 15, 2015 4:25 am by William Dixton

» Just A Little Late // Carolina
Not Your Typical Wench // John O'Malley EmptyTue Apr 14, 2015 8:49 pm by Carolina of Locksley

OOC Chatbox
Affiliates
Not Your Typical Wench // John O'Malley Button10

Not Your Typical Wench // John O'Malley

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Ella Ainsworth

Ella Ainsworth

Not Your Typical Wench // John O'Malley Empty
PostSubject: Not Your Typical Wench // John O'Malley   Not Your Typical Wench // John O'Malley EmptySat Apr 18, 2015 10:45 pm

I'm a sinner, love

My cruel device, My blood like ice, one look could kill, your pain my thrill
you wanna love me but you better not touch, you wanna hold me but your senses tell you to stop, you wanna kiss me but you want it too much you wanna taste my lips but my lips are venomous poison, my poison running through your veins. I'm poison you don't wanna break these chains

She slowly walked down a path in the darker area of the Pleasure Gardens in London. This part of the gardens was filled with women offering their services to willing men. And there were a lot of willing men. Some from the better ranks in society, the very wealthy ones, some from the middle class... but mostly men who were at sea most of the time. Sailors, Merchants and Pirates.
Most women wore dresses with wide skirts, pulled up high on one side, showing their legs, their shoulders bare and the neckline quite big, showing a lot of these women's goods. Some wore corsets, underlining their feminine body, others only wore leather belts.

Ella had become one of these women at some point in her life. But she kept the answer to the question going around a secret. People were always wondering whether she was a true wench, or not. Whether perhaps the young woman was still a virgin, even though she went on pleasing men.
Usually there was no doubt about the virginity of wenches. They weren't virgins. But Ella wasn't a typical wench. She dressed differently and she behaved differently.
She hang out where wenches were, but she didn't offer her services openly like others. She chose her men, carefully. And she decided who she went with and who she would ignore or send away.

Tonight she was just wandering down paths, wearing her black and dark-red dress, her auburn hair pulled back from her face, partly pulled up in the back in braids. Simple, yet beautiful. Just how she wanted to look. She wasn't too proud of the life she led, but it was much better than being stuck in her place in society, married to some merchant with the first two children at home. Like her sisters. She knew they both were married with children. Mary already had three children, got married at 18 and Rosetta was currently expecting her second child. She got married at 18 as well.
Yes, even though she was away from Scarborough, away from her family and the black sheep of it, she kept informed about her siblings. At least Rosetta wrote from time to time and her mother did. But there was no word from Mary or her father. They had abandoned her as the black sheep... the wench in the family, bringing shame to their good name. Not that Ella cared much about it.

Slowly walking, she spotted a man also slowly heading her way. A pirate from the looks of it. Maybe he'd want her for the night. She liked pirates, because she could hear their stories. But she wouldn't go with a drunk, though. They were too mean and abusive. Then again, there were rarely any pirates who weren't drunk all the time... maybe this one was?

470 :: John O'Malley :: OUTFIT
curious how this will go. he should totally be looking for a female... relationship or not, he's a pirate Wink
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
ty sophia for this sexy code
with edits by blackrose538

Last edited by Ella Ainsworth on Sun Apr 19, 2015 9:33 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
John O'Malley

John O'Malley

PostSubject: Re: Not Your Typical Wench // John O'Malley   Not Your Typical Wench // John O'Malley EmptySun Apr 19, 2015 8:19 am

John made his way through the gardens after meeting up with another pirate at the tavern that was near by. He had seen the women that were around the area as he walked along, but wasn't interested in them. John already had a lass who served with him on his ship the Emerald. None of the others on the ship questioned Rebbeca's place on the Emerald. She was skilled with the sword and in hand to hand combat at a time when most women stayed at home and tended to the children.

As he walked along, John noticed a woman in a black and dark red dress walking slowly. John stopped for a moment and watched her, then walked over to her. "Greetings lass, what has you out at this hour?" he asked in his Irish accented voice. It was clear that he knew she wasn't like the other women in the area even if he didn't say it when he spoke up to her. At the same time, John watched her closely. Something told him that this woman was cunning and that he should be on his toes around her.
Back to top Go down
Ella Ainsworth

Ella Ainsworth

PostSubject: Re: Not Your Typical Wench // John O'Malley   Not Your Typical Wench // John O'Malley EmptySun Apr 19, 2015 9:32 am

I'm a sinner, love

you wanna love me but you better not touch, you wanna hold me but your senses tell you to stop, you wanna kiss me but you want it too much you wanna taste my lips but my lips are venomous poison, my poison running through your veins. I'm poison you don't wanna break these chains

Ella watched the man through her eyelashes as he came closer. He was a pirate, that much she could tell. It was just written all over him. At least it was for her, maybe because she had been with so many of them. She had been with all types of men, she had a sixth sense for the types of men that were of benefit for her. It was really not a nice thing to go with men who were wealthy, just to steal stuff from them that she could sell... but she had to survive somehow.
And she wasn't always like this. She became who she was now by a simple mistake in her recent past. Actually from before she left Scarborough. She was left heartbroken, but that was a story she never told anyone. She didn't want to be the female who was looking for the perfect fairytale and ended up hurt most of the time. She was that type of girl once, but she had soon learned that life was no fairytale and that she certainly wasn't a princess. So, she stuck with her rebellious, scandalous side. It suited her so much better... and it protected her.

No, she didn't want to be anybody else. She was who she was for a reason. Whether people liked it or not. It was more important that she could live with who she was and so far, she could.

The young female looked up when she was spoken to, eyeing the man with her clear blue eyes. The light of setting sun reflecting off her red hair, making it shine even more. She was a smart woman, yet hiding it. She was indeed cunning when she had to be. It was all about survival and well... maybe a little bit of fun as well. But that was her secret.
“Well.” she said in a soft, seductive voice. “You and me both know what it is that I'm doing here at this hour.”

She found that question rather peculiar anyway. Everybody knew what these women – herself included – were doing here. Especially at this late hour. Men didn't need to ask, if they did they were found strange and were eyes suspiciously before any woman would react. Ella just found that question odd, especially coming from a pirate.

389 :: John O'Malley :: OUTFIT
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Back to top Go down
John O'Malley

John O'Malley

PostSubject: Re: Not Your Typical Wench // John O'Malley   Not Your Typical Wench // John O'Malley EmptyMon Apr 20, 2015 4:12 pm

John listened to the woman as she said that. "That I do.....that was a foolish thing for me to say." he replied honestly while watching her, his tone also gentle as he said that to her. John glanced around them, thankful that the other people around didn't hear him. John relaxed a bit, then looked back to the woman in front of him. At the same time, he was thankful that Rebbeca wasn't with him. He didn't want to think what would have happened if she was here at the moment. John remembered the last time a woman crossed Rebbeca and how it didn't end well for that woman.

John pushed that out of his head as he stood there and waited for the woman to reply. As he did, a few other women walked by them. John nodded to them when they passed by, but he didn't say anything to them. The two women continued on after John did that to them, not really noticing that he was a pirate.
Back to top Go down
Ella Ainsworth

Ella Ainsworth

PostSubject: Re: Not Your Typical Wench // John O'Malley   Not Your Typical Wench // John O'Malley EmptyFri May 08, 2015 6:32 am

I'm a sinner, love

Ella's blue eyes observed John intently. She knew he was a pirate, she had that sense for these kinds of men, yet something was off with this one. Usually men like him were all over Ella by now, but he didn't seem the slightest bit interested in her. Least not in that way. It made her wonder why he spoke to her, if he wasn't interested in her services.

That's odd.

When two other women passed by, she observed his reaction closely, but decreet so he wouldn't notice. He nodded a greeting, but didn't say a word, nor did he seem very interested in them either. That made this whole thing even more strange. What kind of pirate was he? Usually these people didn't care about manners, nor loyalty.
Ella got the feeling that this pirate was involved with a woman, but she was a little surprised by his behaviour still. Other pirates that she met didn't give a damn about loyalty, strangely this one in front of her did. At least it seemed that way. Or he was gay. But that was even worse than being a pirate.

Somehow, the young woman just couldn't get a read on his intentions in this situation. But she was curious still. Why did he speak to her if he wasn't interested? Or was he?

“Obviously.” she said simply. “Especially since you don't seem to be the slightest bit interested in me... or what I offer for that matter.”

Girly... for a wench you talk way too nicely... oh well... you just can't wipe out your roots.

265 :: John O'Malley :: OUTFIT
sorry... it took way too long. But you know... I'm busy with RL stuff.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Back to top Go down
John O'Malley

John O'Malley

PostSubject: Re: Not Your Typical Wench // John O'Malley   Not Your Typical Wench // John O'Malley EmptyFri May 08, 2015 12:46 pm

John nodded a bit when she said that to him.  "That is true....had I met you a year ago, things would be different."  he said to her honestly as he stood there.  "However, you don't seem to be the typical wench." John commented off the cuff as he watched her.  He had the feeling that something was different about her, but he couldn't figure it out.  However, it was clear to him that she had been doing this job long enough and that she wasn't to be underestimated.  

"It would not be unwise to assume that you have other skills then the ones that have you out here now would it?" John asked her out of the blue as he watched her.  He had a feeling that her current profession wasn't the only one that she was good at.  Nearly every other wench that he had met was also good at being a pickpocket or the like along with their main "occupation." John continued to watch her as he waited for a reply to his comment, wondering what she would say to him.

~~~~~~~~~
No worries
Back to top Go down
Ella Ainsworth

Ella Ainsworth

PostSubject: Re: Not Your Typical Wench // John O'Malley   Not Your Typical Wench // John O'Malley EmptySun May 10, 2015 5:58 am

I'm a sinner, love

Ella's blue eyes were still fixed on this strange pirate. A soft breeze was playing with her auburn hair, causing it to flow softly in the wind. For a moment it created a sad vibe around her. His words brought back some memories of her past, how her life had been a year ago. It hadn't been much different from now, sadly it had been worse back then. The first year in London that she had to get by as a wench was heartbreaking and horrible, now she was used to the life she lead. But that didn't mean that she didn't miss her old life.
She knew now what she had back then more than ever. But she couldn't change who she was, nor the decisions that she's made. And perhaps she wouldn't even want to. She got by, without love... but she got by.

“I'm not.” Ella said simply. She didn't appear to be very talkative, well mostly she wasn't. The young woman never was a prying person, very curious yes, but only talking to people who wanted to talk to her. Surely those were men wanting much more than just talking to her, but she always knew how to handle those. In those moments it wasn't about the money. It was about hearing stories and yet protecting herself.

Right now, Ella wasn't sure what this conversation was about. She knew that if she didn't let someone take her somewhere, she wouldn't get any money to buy food and whatever else she needed and then she'd pick pockets or break into somebody's home and steal expensive things that she could sell. But that wasn't as easy as it sounded. It took a lot of time, she needed to mask herself so she couldn't be recognised and that was even harder. No... she wanted the simple way tonight. But then again... this man had something about him that intrigued her: he was a pirate who surely lived through many adventures at sea. And she was longing for another story. Even though that would not feed her.

Perhaps I can manage both tonight...

When the man before her spoke up again, her she cocked her head a little, studying him. She knew exactly what he was talking about, but she wasn't certain whether or not she should answer him. Ella didn't particularly like to give too much away. She was secretive about who she was and about other skills she may or may not have. Usually. But this was a question that she could answer in many ways, even a secretive one. “Perhaps.”

434 :: John O'Malley :: OUTFIT
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Back to top Go down
John O'Malley

John O'Malley

PostSubject: Re: Not Your Typical Wench // John O'Malley   Not Your Typical Wench // John O'Malley EmptyFri May 15, 2015 10:03 am

John watched as she said that to him, taking note of her tone. "Your a mysterious woman" he said to her before hearing a guy shout at them. John looked over and saw the guy running toward them, knowing that this guy wanted to arrest them. With out even thinking about, he grabbed Ella's hand and ran off with her. He would lead her to a safe place that he knew about in the city where this guy wouldn't find them.

While he ran, John didn't let go of Ella's hand, not wanting to lose her to this guy. He knew what would happen if she was caught. John had seen it before to other women of the night and it troubled him. The man who saw him and Ella did his best to keep up with them, though it was clear he wasn't closing the distance. John noticed it when he glanced over his shoulder. There was a slight grin on his face at the same time as he looked back ahead of him.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Not Your Typical Wench // John O'Malley   Not Your Typical Wench // John O'Malley Empty

Back to top Go down

Not Your Typical Wench // John O'Malley
Page 1 of 1