Pieces of Eight
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A role-play site set after the events of Treasure Island

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Quick Navigation
Seascape
Welcome to Pieces of Eight! We are a nautical/piratical rp set after the events of the book Treasure Island. However we do welcome those that haven't read the books as we're not "canon-only" and welcome pirates, aristocrats, and navymen of all shapes and kinds!

Rules
Introduction Model
Taken Characters & Their Faces
Wanted Characters
Crews
Staff

Calypso
Captain
(Founder)
Catherine Ellwood

Blue Canary
Quartermaster
(Second-In-Command)
William Dixton

John
Boatswain
(Admin)
John Chamberlain

McKenzie
Ship's Doctor
(Admin)
Eli Jewell
Latest topics
» Rum and Mutiny // Open
Shall we Parlay? - Page 2 EmptyTue May 19, 2015 6:59 pm by Amelia Hawkins

» Not Your Typical Wench // John O'Malley
Shall we Parlay? - Page 2 EmptyFri May 15, 2015 10:03 am by John O'Malley

» Take Me To Wonderland ~ A dystopian Wonderland RP
Shall we Parlay? - Page 2 EmptySat May 02, 2015 8:50 pm by Catherine Ellwood

» Phillipe D'Orleans
Shall we Parlay? - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 19, 2015 9:36 am by William Dixton

» When you are evil
Shall we Parlay? - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 18, 2015 12:00 am by Phillipe D'Orleans

» Rule Britannia
Shall we Parlay? - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 17, 2015 11:57 pm by John Chamberlain

» A Pirate's lass
Shall we Parlay? - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 16, 2015 5:09 am by John O'Malley

» Revenge! // Catherine, Jack, Bloody Mary Crew
Shall we Parlay? - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 15, 2015 4:25 am by William Dixton

» Just A Little Late // Carolina
Shall we Parlay? - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 14, 2015 8:49 pm by Carolina of Locksley

OOC Chatbox
Affiliates
Shall we Parlay? - Page 2 Button10

Shall we Parlay?

Go down 
+10
Derek Fletcher
Amelia Hawkins
Adrian Anderson
Elizabeth Jane Davies
Capt. Hector Barbossa
John Chamberlain
Carolina of Locksley
William Dixton
John O'Malley
Catherine Ellwood
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Catherine Ellwood
Admin
Catherine Ellwood

Shall we Parlay? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shall we Parlay?   Shall we Parlay? - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 28, 2012 2:56 pm

@Will: Thanks! Smile

Am just sorting out ships for characters. Because yes, I am that much of a geek Wink Am using Pirates of the Caribbean as my ship references and would like these ones, if it's ok with everyone:
For Barbossa I'm thinking HMS Providence (36 cannons + 4 swivel guns)
For Derek I can't decide between HMS Endeavour or HMS Interceptor. Endeavour's bigger (106 cannons) than Interceptor (16 guns + 2 swivel guns); however I still can't decide whether or not to have Derek be part of a large crew or a small.

Help, anyone? Would appreciate some advice/thoughts as to the size of Derek's crew... I'll even give you cookies Smile

For anyone wanting to get a ship, here's the reference website I used:
http://www.enotes.com/topic/List_of_ships_in_Pirates_of_the_Caribbean#HMS_Endeavour
Pretty much all the ships staring in the POTC series are there.

Yes, I am actually this insane haha.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Shall we Parlay?   Shall we Parlay? - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 28, 2012 3:33 pm

I'm so sorry, for just leaving like I did earlier! But my dog went down hill and I had to take her to the vet. She has to stay over night, for I'm less then happy.

Cath: I say the Interceptor for Derek. As for what size, hmmmmmmm. Idk...
Back to top Go down
John Chamberlain

John Chamberlain

PostSubject: Re: Shall we Parlay?   Shall we Parlay? - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 28, 2012 5:32 pm

I take the HMS Endeavour as my flagship if I may
Back to top Go down
Catherine Ellwood
Admin
Catherine Ellwood

PostSubject: Re: Shall we Parlay?   Shall we Parlay? - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 28, 2012 8:15 pm

@John: Sure, you may have HMS Endeavour Smile I'll take HMS Interceptor for Derek then.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Shall we Parlay?   Shall we Parlay? - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 28, 2012 8:19 pm

YAY! I helped!
Back to top Go down
Catherine Ellwood
Admin
Catherine Ellwood

PostSubject: Re: Shall we Parlay?   Shall we Parlay? - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 28, 2012 8:24 pm

@Charles: Yes, you did Smile

Just had to put a legal disclaimer up o_O All I can say is...just wow...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Shall we Parlay?   Shall we Parlay? - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 28, 2012 8:51 pm

legal disclaimer for what?
Back to top Go down
Catherine Ellwood
Admin
Catherine Ellwood

PostSubject: Re: Shall we Parlay?   Shall we Parlay? - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 28, 2012 8:55 pm

For the site. Saying it's all fiction, not completely historically accurate, not for profit, blah blah blah. All that crap. Just in case morons can't already figure that out.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Shall we Parlay?   Shall we Parlay? - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 28, 2012 8:56 pm

LOL! Wow.....
Back to top Go down
Catherine Ellwood
Admin
Catherine Ellwood

PostSubject: Re: Shall we Parlay?   Shall we Parlay? - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 28, 2012 9:06 pm

Some senior law students heard me telling a friend about it in class, and they all said I must put one up just in case. Then my professor got in on the action and added that he too thought I should do one since it's supposed to be 'historical', and if some troll finds an error and raises a fuss, the site might be doomed.
Looking back on it, it is good thinking and advice, though I'm wondering if they're all rather over-reacting... Ah well *shrugs* It's up now, so won't have to worry haha.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Shall we Parlay?   Shall we Parlay? - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 28, 2012 9:08 pm

LOL! Sounds good. But they are right, that's why I put one up on all my stories.
Back to top Go down
Catherine Ellwood
Admin
Catherine Ellwood

PostSubject: Re: Shall we Parlay?   Shall we Parlay? - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 28, 2012 9:24 pm

I have the coolest one on my DeviantArt account:
Unnecessary disclaimer: I own everyone in CSI, CSI Miami, High School Musical, Bones, Shortland Street, Harry Potter, Pirates of the Caribbean, Disney and Rammstein. I keep them in a box under my bed, letting them out regularly for exercise, although Horatio, Grissom and Flake need to be let out more often, otherwise their glasses will fog up.
Very Happy

Back to top Go down
John Chamberlain

John Chamberlain

PostSubject: Re: Shall we Parlay?   Shall we Parlay? - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 28, 2012 9:25 pm

Now that is funny
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Shall we Parlay?   Shall we Parlay? - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 28, 2012 9:27 pm

LOL! OMG!!
Back to top Go down
Catherine Ellwood
Admin
Catherine Ellwood

PostSubject: Re: Shall we Parlay?   Shall we Parlay? - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 28, 2012 9:39 pm

@John: Thanks! Haha Very Happy

@Anne: Ikr?! I adore it <3
Back to top Go down
Capt. Hector Barbossa

Capt. Hector Barbossa

PostSubject: Re: Shall we Parlay?   Shall we Parlay? - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 28, 2012 11:15 pm

So, I was thinking: this town that we all occupy has got to be a mix of Boston and Tortuga/Port Royal.
Why Boston? Because it's the only sea-faring town that I know well enough in that period. And the other two are just obvious choices...

Simply put: while the actual town part will be all proper, the dock part should be much more relaxed and not caring. So for example, no one would care or blab about a pub brawl that may end up with several casualties; shipyard owners don't care who they do business with as long as they get money, either pirate money or navy money, doesn't matter. So yeah, stuff like that...

So that's my two cents worth for the evening. Just wanted to actually state what the town seems like/is sort of based on, just to avoid confusion and such.
Back to top Go down
William Dixton
Admin
William Dixton

PostSubject: Re: Shall we Parlay?   Shall we Parlay? - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 28, 2012 11:29 pm

really sounds like a nice idea to add that somewhere Smile
Back to top Go down
http://nightingale.forum3.biz/
Capt. Hector Barbossa

Capt. Hector Barbossa

PostSubject: Re: Shall we Parlay?   Shall we Parlay? - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 28, 2012 11:34 pm

I reckon I might put it up as a locked forum note. Just saying a little bit about our wonderful town haha
Back to top Go down
William Dixton
Admin
William Dixton

PostSubject: Re: Shall we Parlay?   Shall we Parlay? - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 28, 2012 11:39 pm

I think it's a good idea Smile
Back to top Go down
Carolina of Locksley

Carolina of Locksley

PostSubject: Re: Shall we Parlay?   Shall we Parlay? - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 29, 2012 1:08 am

I'm off for now. I'll be back later! Smile
Back to top Go down
Catherine Ellwood
Admin
Catherine Ellwood

PostSubject: Re: Shall we Parlay?   Shall we Parlay? - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 29, 2012 4:20 am

Had the oddest/funniest dream:
Will began singing 'We are one' to Cath's and his daughter (way to think ahead brain XD) who was having an angsty moment, before Catherine joined into the song. Then by the chorus the whole crew casually joins in while still working. So it was like a giant Lion King pirate musical.
It was so epic! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
William Dixton
Admin
William Dixton

PostSubject: Re: Shall we Parlay?   Shall we Parlay? - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 29, 2012 4:24 am

Awwww! Smile it sounds so imaginable! And yet so cute Smile
I'm always surprised how dreams show what we actually hope for, maybe not consciously, but subconsciously Wink
Back to top Go down
Catherine Ellwood
Admin
Catherine Ellwood

PostSubject: Re: Shall we Parlay?   Shall we Parlay? - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 29, 2012 4:42 am

It was the cutest dream I've had in a while. It made me super happy Smile Also, woke up and first thing I do is start humming the song haha.
*grins* Yeah, that's what I love about dreams. Though some dreams are so weird sometimes that you can never even figure out what the whole point in it haha. As for the subconscious thing, well, yes maybe Catherine exactly what Will was thinking of that day in the tavern *grins, blushes*
Back to top Go down
William Dixton
Admin
William Dixton

PostSubject: Re: Shall we Parlay?   Shall we Parlay? - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 29, 2012 4:45 am

*smirks* well, I actually didn't intend for him to get a nice lady that quickly, but I think it's a nice idea to go with what we got here and see where it ends Smile You play her sweetly and I think Will likes that Smile after all, he's not an ordinary pirate Wink lol
lets see if we get there, Will singing to their baby girl Wink

and I totally agree about weird dreams. I guess, sometimes there is no point in dreams Wink
Back to top Go down
Catherine Ellwood
Admin
Catherine Ellwood

PostSubject: Re: Shall we Parlay?   Shall we Parlay? - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 29, 2012 4:57 am

I wasn't expecting anything that fast at all to be honest. I mean, she's no Sasha XD Although with how sweetly you play him, if that comes about, he'd be adorable in the role methinks haha.
And thank you, I'm glad you like how I play her Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Shall we Parlay?   Shall we Parlay? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Shall we Parlay?
Page 2 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Pieces of Eight :: Out Of Character :: Shall we Parlay?-
Jump to: